Monday, November 26, 2007

Blog: 9
What I’ve Learned from My
To be honest with you when I first started this class and it was spoken that we had to start a blog I wasn’t to excited about doing it. I really didn’t even know what a blog was really for. Yet the experience was an eye opener. The blog choice I pick was to record what I ate for three days and trace the origins of the foods, which turned out to be a very different experience then what I had in mind. It gave me a chance to look at the food I was putting in my body and what it was made out of.
As for what I learned from this whole project and even the class was a lot, about the environment and even the way I think. Before I entered this class my mind wasn’t thinking in an environmental way as I should have been. The movie the inconvenient truth by Al Gore really hit me in a big way. That all the pollution we are putting into the environment is really damaging the world we live in fast. That global warming is happening and it’s not just something that we think might happen, there is physical evidence, that’s why we really have to put in effort into salvaging the rest of our Earth that we can. Al Gore’s message is simple yet hard, these means to change our lifestyle a little but you know what that not to much to ask for seeing it as we are the ones that cause this in the first place.
The blog we created in class shows that we are taking notice to what is going on in our everyday worlds. Whether it is the food we are consuming, or the garbage make from that food, and even where the food come from. I know for myself after reading some of the ingredients on the label and even which it come from I don’t want to eat that product any more. I really feel that you, Doctor Smith, made us do this project to open our eyes even if it was just a little. The fact of the matter is that you went paperless and really stuck to your going green theme that you were teaching us without really telling us. Good job Doc. And I’ve heard the saying if you can teach a whole class and only open one of your students eye then it’s one less mind untaught or something like that (I really can’t remember how it was originally worded sorry). You don’t have to worry Doc you not only taught me, but helped me see clearer about this world and what must be done to save it. Thanx

No comments: